Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 1,1 won't sync photos itunes 12

Apple Come ON!!!

I have effectively turned my two old iPad 1,1's into glorified digital picture frames. OK, fine, you guys want planned obsolescence to make more billions. I was fine with them in this fashion, and let my new iPad's work with my New MacBook's and New Mac Pro, but I still want the first iPad's that I stood in line for 4 hours at 5am and paid like $600 each to still be glorified picture frames. They will not sync photos after the iTunes 12 and the new Photos 1.0.1 horrible update (which I wish I had never done). Everything is up todate and no joy. Hopefully there is something simple, but please help a devoted Apple Customer and tell me how to fix this.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, 64Gb WiFi only connecting to MacPro

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 6:28 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2015 2:49 PM in response to GatorManLA

Greetings GatorManLA,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

From your post, it sounds like you may be using iCloud Photo Library. If this is the case, I would make sure that iCloud Photo Library is enabled on all of your devices as described in the article below. Also please note, that once enabled on all devices, the time it takes for your photos and videos to appear across all of your devices may vary depending on connection speed.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

When do photos and videos upload to iCloud Photo Library?

When you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your iOS device or Mac, your photos and videos will upload after you connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi and your battery is charged. You can see the status and pause the upload for one day when you follow these steps:

• On your iOS device, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos.
  • On your Mac, click Photos > Preferences > iCloud.

Depending on your Internet connection speed, the time it takes for your photos and videos to appear on the Photos app on iCloud and all of your devices might vary. Make sure you turn on iCloud Photo Library on each device.

The iCloud Photo app allows you to upload JPEG photos that are less than 16GB in size.

Cheers,

Joe

Aug 29, 2016 11:42 AM in response to GatorManLA

My problem is NOT with iCloud photo library (which worked pretty well originally but is a piece of dung now on any device). I want to upload photos to the device and use it as a picture frame as well. I

iTunes shows the folder that it is copying the photos from, it says that it is syncing and copying the photos, but when it finishes, there are NO photos on the device.

ipad 1,1 won't sync photos itunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.