Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I disable iTunes Match on a device I no longer have access to?

I had signed into my iTunes account on someone's computer to access my music in the past. I no longer see or talk to the owner of said computer, but I think their iTunes is still somehow linked to my account.

I often see new music and audio recordings (from the computer I no longer have access to) added to my music library and I know they are not from me. This is rather frustrating for someone who likes to keep their iTunes library meticulously organized. I have tried to ask them to sign out of my account with no avail. When I go to my iTunes account to Manage Devices, it only shows my own devices. It also says that only one computer is authorized to play content from my account. So how is it that they are still adding content into my library?

Is there anything I can do on my end?

Please help >.<

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 5:43 PM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2015 6:50 PM in response to shuuuy

You should be able to address this via your main computer and into the account settings just as you did. If it says only one computer is authorized, it should be the one your own. That part is strange. Try disabling all other devices then you can always sign in and authorize. I think by deauthorizing all devices, this can be corrected as this whole ordeal evolves around your Apple ID. There are a host of other remedies to cure this but they all involve more complex tasks involving your apple ID. As I referenced above, your best bet is to remove authorization completely then authorize what you want. After all, if this individual does not have your Apple ID, then they won't be able to connect. Should they have your Apple ID, this would require a change of Apple ID.

Jul 5, 2015 7:46 PM in response to shuuuy

Since i have ceased contact with this person and computer, I have deauthorized all devices, reauthorized just my own, and changed my password. Though even after all that, I see their audio files being added to my library from as recent as a month ago, which is AFTER all the deauthorizing/password changes.

Is it possible for them to add to my library without signing in?

How to I disable iTunes Match on a device I no longer have access to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.