Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists do no transfer over to Apple Music

Hello,

With the recent Apple Music update, I haven't been able to find my custom playlists on my iPhone 5s. These are the playlists I've created and updated myself over the past few years. They still appear in iTunes next to "Recently Added", "Top 25 Most Played", etc. but not under the "playlist" tab in the Apple Music App. In fact, I can't even find the "Recently Added" or "Top 25 Most Played" playlists anywhere on the app.

Is it just syncing incorrectly or does the updated music app not show playlists? Seems a bit silly.

Thanks for any help!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 5:29 PM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2015 2:33 PM in response to Adg Padg

Hello there, Adg.

When looking for Playlists you've created on your iOS device in the new Music app, the following link from the online iPhone Help Guide provides the information:

Playlists - iPhone

Playlists

Create playlists to organize your music. If you’re an Apple Music member, tap My Music, tap Playlists, then tap New. Enter a title, then tap Add Songs. Select songs and albums to add to the playlist. (If you chose to hide the Apple Music features, you can tap Playlists to create a new playlist.)

To customize your playlist’s artwork, tap User uploaded file and take a photo or choose an image from your photo library.

View particular playlists. In addition to playlists you create, Playlists includes playlists you added from Apple Music, as well as those shared with you. To view just the playlists you created, tap All Playlists, then tap My Playlists. You can also choose to see just Apple Music Playlists or only the playlists saved on iPhone.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro

Jul 8, 2015 4:19 PM in response to pedro d

Pedro,

I haven't created any playlists through Apple music. I've created playlists through iTunes over the past 2 years, and they have been synced to my iPhone. Now, i still see the playlists in iTunes but not on my phone! The information you pasted does not relate to my problem. It boils down to my iPhone not having the playlists I created in iTunes despite multiple synces

Cheers

Playlists do no transfer over to Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.