Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs started to download when "iCloud library" turned on

Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone met the same problem. I have more than 30,000 songs in iCloud and before apple music, I can choose which songs I am going to download to my iPhone. But after apple music came, every time when I turn on icloud library, there immediately will be more than 5,000 songs started to download automatically. This made my iphone 6+ completely frozen and even I manually cancel the downloading from apple music app, there still new download started, never end!

Please help URGENTLY! thanks.

Best regards,

Steven

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 5:56 PM

6 replies

Jul 5, 2015 6:11 PM in response to PZDSG

TThat's what iCloud Music Library does, makes your entire music library "available" on all your devices (this doesn't necessarily mean that the tracks are downloaded. If you don't want this behavior, turn iCloud Music Library OFF.

YOu should do a bit of reading about Apple Music, so you have a better understanding of it. Start by visiting the iMore website.

Jul 5, 2015 6:37 PM in response to Rysz

Hi Rysz,

Thanks for reply. I totally understand the function that "makes your entire music library "available" on all your devices". However, before apple music, all my songs in icloud I can also see them in all my idevices and I can manually choose which songs I want to download. If the songs were in icloud but haven't downloaded in my iphone, there were a cloud icon beside the songs/album. However, the current problem is, all my songs (more than 5,000) are downloading without my permission (attention: they are NOT ONLY show up in "my music" in the app, but STARTED to download to my iphone).

Image how my iphone can save all 30,000 songs downloaded? The annoying thing is, it kept consuming WiFi (especially in office environment, make internet slow) and crash my phone (because too many downloads at the same time), even I manually stopped current downloading (more than 5000), the new downloading started immediately(because I have 30,000 songs in icloud)!!! I do believe this is a BUG instead of my misunderstanding. Now I have to disable "music library" function and reset my phone to stop automatically downloading.

Jul 6, 2015 12:11 AM in response to PZDSG

Also, even I left the phone to download while charging, the power dropping was so fast and the power consuming speed was more faster than charging speed. Eventually, the phone will turn off because it run out of battery! So I have to turn off WiFi and use 4G only as I have set the phone as "do not use mobile data" to download. This is extremely annoying and I hope Apple can sort it out ASAP!

Jul 6, 2015 11:30 PM in response to PZDSG

I finally solved the problem by resetting my iPhone WITHOUT using my iCloud backups. Basically, setting up iPhone as a brand new one can walk around this problem. However, this is definitely a bug and I do believe that I was not the only one who got this. Hope Apple can fix it ASAP. Thanks.

Songs started to download when "iCloud library" turned on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.