Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my Apple ID to my main email account but all my devices are still connected to the old apple ID and cannot seem to change over especially on my Mac where when I try to sign out I get the error message saying not letting me sign out

So I changed my Apple ID to my primary email account and when I try to sign out of my iCloud account on my mac I cannot sign out due to an error message saying that I still need to turn off all iCloud Services and try again but I cannot turn off the services because I cannot access the old Apple ID since it no longer exists. Can someone help me figure out how to update my iCloud account to the new account on my mac pl

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 6:59 PM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 2:52 PM in response to PeteThePhotoMan

Hello PeteThePhotoMan,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with iCloud. If you are being prompted for an old Apple ID password after a recent change, especially when trying to log out of iCloud, you may find the information and steps outlined in the following article helpful:

If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID in iCloud - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

I changed my Apple ID to my main email account but all my devices are still connected to the old apple ID and cannot seem to change over especially on my Mac where when I try to sign out I get the error message saying not letting me sign out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.