Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple didn't give me my receipt and won't fix my phone either.

my iPhone got bent and I got asked to bring it in. But then they gave me a "new" phone when they did they never gave me my receipt. But. I thought it wasn't a big deal but then when I reset my phone my Apple ID isn't even what I set it as. My id is suppose to start with a "t" but instead it starts with a "g" at first I thought it would be my dads but his doesn't even start with that letter.

I Brought it in to get fixed the apple guy said he would fix it then and there, but then he said he needed to see my receipt the problem is my receipt has my former IMEI number on it. And I got it replaced and so he won't fix it. so now I'm stuck with an iPhone that won't function bc I don't have the right apple id apparently that I don't use. What should I do?

Cant I just jailbreak my phone or something?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 7:26 PM

5 replies

Jul 6, 2015 3:31 AM in response to Tubberson

I presume when the technician changed the phone over they processed it through your apple id? If they did your receipt for the new phone should have been emailed to you. If it's not in your inbox check your junk folder. I had my iPhone 5 replaced due to a hardware fault and the receipt was emailed to the account linked to my apple id. Apple don't give you a paper receipt at the store.

Apple didn't give me my receipt and won't fix my phone either.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.