Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail 4.6 not downloading emails >3MB

I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and running Mail 4.6 and I have noticed a peculiar behavior.

Whenever there is an email that is 3MB or larger, Mail does not download it or any emails received afterwards. When I go to webmail and delete the email, the next time I try to 'Get Mail' in Mail, all the subsequent emails get downloaded into my inbox.

This is odd, and I can't find the settings anywhere that would prevent a larger email from being downloaded or otherwise bogging down Mail.

I'm using IMAP to connect to my mailserver but I cannot find any settings in the IMAP account profile that would account for this behavior either.

Would anyone know anything about this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 6:35 PM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2015 11:34 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric, but I don't believe so.

I am able to download emails via IMAP to my phone and tablet, and via POP to another pc. Only my Apple Mail client seems to have an issue with this…. it downloads all emails received up to this somewhat large email, and then chokes, leaving that email and every email received after, untouched on the mail server.

Any more ideas, anyone?

Mac Mail 4.6 not downloading emails >3MB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.