Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently restored my old ipod touch and after connecting it to my imessage account messages from months ago just start to pour in showing recent dates but they weren't sent recently it was from months ago is this common?

I recently restored my old Ipod touch and after connecting it to my Imessage account messages from months ago just start to pour in showing recent dates but they weren't sent recently it was from months ago is this common?

By these old messages popping up it kind of got me in relationship trouble. I'm trying to get all the answers possible.

Thanks to everyone who replies and gives feedback.

iPod touch, iOS 6

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 6:57 PM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2015 7:30 PM in response to LeftyAssassin3

Hey Lefty,

First I want to apologize for your troubles and wish you the best with your relationship hopefully the information I provide sheds a little light on your unfortunate luck.

I see that you have an Ipod Touch with the IOS 6 loaded on to it. everything is connected through ICloud. ICloud is basically a mass storage of your apps, pics, music, notes, even game data packed into a profile. Anything sent/received usually would come in the date sent however with this predated software and depending on the length of time of the Ipod not being used running into a problem such as the one you're asking about would definitely be common. The solution to this would be a second restore to the device. Depending on the model of your ipod you might want to update it to a more recent IOS software.

Hope this information was useful and hope everything with your relationship goes well.

-T3Chh

-Apple Employee (6 years)

I recently restored my old ipod touch and after connecting it to my imessage account messages from months ago just start to pour in showing recent dates but they weren't sent recently it was from months ago is this common?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.