Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 iPhone 6 I cannot delete songs off my phone in iTunes 12.2

I've tried to delete songs from my phone as I normally did before updating iTunes and iOS to the current versions, now I highlight a song in iTunes in my iPhone library and right click to delete and nothing happens.

Any ideas how to manually delete songs from phone now?

Thanks in advance!

currently on OSX 10.7.5

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, OSX 10.7.5, iTunes 12.2

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 12:27 PM

I'm having the same problem, but on an iPhone 5.

5 replies

Jul 17, 2015 7:03 PM in response to ----SteveP-----

I found a solution as many of my albums were not being viewed too. I went quite crazy with this new update. I connected to my iMac and still can't delete, but it did mention that you cannot delete as iCloud Music is enabled. I went to settings in iPhone>Music and disabled music library. Bingo!

I went to iTunes and deleted all my phone songs.

Now, I am reloading all my albums and I can view all my albums.

The easy way out was to disable music cloud library.

iOS 8.4 iPhone 6 I cannot delete songs off my phone in iTunes 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.