Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

17+ Verification for apps

I have an app that I use and is now asking for verification that I am 17 + by providing a picture of the back of an id. I have the iPod touch 5th gen with up to date software with one camera. I click on OK to take a photo and it goes to an all black screen and an x to close it out. What is it asking me to do because it is not accessing the camera.

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 10:31 PM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2015 1:37 AM in response to Warder12

That sounds very strange. Like the app is maliciously trying to get personal information from you.

Just what app is it?

If you go to Settings>Privacy>Camera is that app allowed to use the camera?

Does that app have a option ins Settings>the ap to use the camera.

In any event I would not take a photo of an ID that an app requests. I would report the app to Apple. Does not seem right

Jul 8, 2015 1:51 AM in response to Warder12

Does the Camera app work in other apps (excluding the Apple Camera app)?

Have you contacted the app developer/went to their support site?

Yuu can also try:

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

17+ Verification for apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.