Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV will no longer recognise my apple ID and password? With the apple tv on there is now nothing in main menu?

Apple TV will no longer recognise my apple ID and password? With the apple tv on there is now nothing in main menu?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:16 PM

It is not properly connected to the network

Make sure location is set correctly

DNS should be set to auto (settings - general - network)

If on wifi try ethernet

Make sure router has port 123 open

10 replies

Jul 8, 2015 6:01 AM in response to Bottega159

I have had it rectified now by the help of Apple. Sometimes Apple TV looses its internet connection port and does not recognise your log in. I had to turn on my hotspot on my iPhone and using its login password connect Apple TV through that network. Once it connected successfully through my phone internet using hotspot, Apple TV was now working correctly with all the apps returning in the menu. Then turn off hotspot and reconnect using your home wifi as normal. This is all working fine for me now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.