Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my iPhone5s delete emails automatically when it is configured to only delete manually and how do i configure my phone to not delete emails

My IPHONE 5S deletes my emails automatically. My phone is configured to delete all email manually so why are they being deleted? How can I keep my emails until I decide to delete them?

Please advise. I have been working on this for a year and none of my friends have any ideas.

Thanks,

bcwr

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 8:23 PM

A device is not capable of "deleting anything"

There must be another issue going on here.

Email is stored on external servers.

Does anyone else have access to the email?

2 replies

Jul 6, 2015 7:45 AM in response to bryan.vance

I beg to differ. I have watched certain emails, even sent specific emails to myself so I can track what is happening. Within 6 days my emails disappear. They do remain on my Mac so where are they going on my phone. I save confirmation emails when booking ferries, concerts etc and when I arrive to use the email, it is gone! I have tried opening mail - disappears, not opening mail- disappears.The only way I seem to be able to keep them on my phone is by moving them to a keep file. I cannot figure this out

why does my iPhone5s delete emails automatically when it is configured to only delete manually and how do i configure my phone to not delete emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.