Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Libraries HELP!!!

Ok, so I have a couple questions regarding managing libraries. Over time Ive learned that storing libraries on a external hard drive is a little better especially if you have multiple libraries. What is the best way to move existing libraries from my mac HD onto my external? Im new to mac in general, so please forgive me for some of the basic following questions. Where can I find the folder where all my FCP libraries are located?

Also, I have some older libraries that Ive created in the past, that are useless now. However, when I try to send them to the trash, the option to do so is darkened out. This is in FCP by the way. I seem to remember being able to delete libraries with the application, but now I cant?

Any help is beyond appreciated, Thanks!!

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:03 AM

Libraries are stored by default in the Movies folder.

Use the Finder to copy/paste a Library from one place to another. It's no harder than copy/pasting any other file except a Library can be quite large.

You can do a move, but I like copy and paste because you can test the newly copied Library, when all is working as expected you can delete the original.

Al

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2015 12:03 AM in response to Mnute

Libraries are stored by default in the Movies folder.

Use the Finder to copy/paste a Library from one place to another. It's no harder than copy/pasting any other file except a Library can be quite large.

You can do a move, but I like copy and paste because you can test the newly copied Library, when all is working as expected you can delete the original.

Al

Libraries HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.