Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone will not play music through docking radio post 8.4 upgrade

I have an iPhone 5 now running iOS 8.4. Ever since the upgrade, when I put the phone on my Sony docking station radio, the phone will charge but will not allow music/audio to play through the speakers. Under old OS versions, after putting the phone on the dock, the on-screen button that usually controls AirPlay will show the option of playing audio through the phone or through the dock connection. Since upgrading to 8.4, it now continues to show the AirPlay options around the house rather than showing the dock connector as an available choice.

I have performed full shutdowns which have not remedied the issue. Perhaps something to do with the disabling of Home Sharing?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 8:15 PM

3 replies

Jul 22, 2015 2:26 PM in response to schwastl

I upgraded to IOS 8.4 then version 12.2.1.16 of iTunes and lost support for my Lightning Adapter to 30 Pin Cable using my iPhone 5 on my 2 IPOD docks. Not impressed! It neither plays music or charges; the only consolation is the family IPODs still work.

I went back to the previous iTunes version (12.2.0) but that did not work. I now receive a message when I plug the iPhone in stating this cable accessory is not certified and may not work. Is this a similar issue to yours? Did you have any luck resolving your problem?

iPhone will not play music through docking radio post 8.4 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.