Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable passcode and Touch ID for unlocking my iPhone, but keep Touch ID for the App Store enabled?

I want to be able to access my iPhone as quickly as possible, while also being able to make AppStore purchases as quickly as possible. Unlocking your iPhone using Touch ID is already pretty swift, but it doesn't work when I'm using my running strap, and having a passcode is just annoying.

But for some reason I'm not able to disable the passcode requirement for unlocking my iPhone without also disableing Touch ID for the AppStore. Does anyone know how to get around this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:16 AM

There are no replies.

How do I disable passcode and Touch ID for unlocking my iPhone, but keep Touch ID for the App Store enabled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.