Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2015 rMBP 13inch, battery & log in issues. Please help.

Hi,

About 3 weeks ago I bought a 2015 rMBP 13 inch from a retailer in Australia. Whenever I type my password in on the log-in screen it doesn't behave properly.

Sometimes when I press caps lock it doesn't show that I have caps lock enabled on the screen even though the caps lock button on my KB lights up, not only that, sometimes the opposite happens, when I keep on pressing caps lock the light would be off on my KB but the caps lock icon on my screen would show that it's on. This fluctuates between the two. This only happens when I log in, after that everything behaves properly.

My second problem is with the battery:

I cut and pasted the follwing from another website I posted to, ignore the font, I can't seem to change it.

Just today I put it for charge when it was at 77% and just over an hour later I went to check and the light was still orange, so I turned it on and it showed 100%. I then unplugged it and it went back to 77%, plugged it and again at a 100%. When it loaded to the desktop it stayed at 77% regardless if it was plugged in or not, so I put it for charge and closed the lid to charge in sleep mode.

More weird stuff has happened. I had it charging for nearly four hours, the battery was at 50% when I put it on charge, 4 hours later the light was still orange, I turned it on and it was still at 50%.

I rang up apple support, done all the trouble shooting including formatting and installing Yosemite but the issues still persisted. They then advised me to take it back and I was given a new one. The second one starting playing up, as soon as I updated Yosemite, restarted and logged in, the log in issue started again.

I charged it a couple of times and it seemed fine, but from the last two charges I started getting those battery issues as posted above.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have had my second unit from a couple of weeks back and I'm scared if I take it back that the new one will be the same.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, 2015)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:40 AM

2 replies

Jul 15, 2015 9:35 PM in response to flipswitch

I can't edit my post so I had to reply instead.

The problem still persists, still can't believe I am the only one with it.

I put it on charge today when it was at 76%, an 1hr and 5 mins later I put it on and it showed 100% at the log in screen, but the charger light was still orange. Once I logged in and went to the desktop it came to 83%....

The only way I can charge it ( I'm assuming) is by having the computer on at desktop plug it in and close the lid, which is essentially charging it in sleep mode.

2015 rMBP 13inch, battery & log in issues. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.