Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uninstall software

Hello,

how can I completely uninstall a software from the computer (Macbook Air 13", 4 months since purchase)? I am using Wordfast as a translator, and a couple days ago a large project crashed the software so that it won't open again. I did remove it the usual way, but re-installing it didn't help. So, I feel it's probably necessary to wipe the computer totally clean of it and then install it again from scratch. How would I do that?

Thanks so much! 🙂

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 11:27 PM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2015 2:37 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi again,

just wanted to let you know: I followed the instructions in the link provided (all WF data were kept in the WF package only). What I did then was to put the whole package into the trash bin, and secure empty the trash bin. Then shut down computer. Completely. After a few minutes started up again. And then downloaded and installed WF again. And this worked now. The one step I had not done before was emptying the trash bin (and restarting) before installing again.

Thanks again!

uninstall software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.