Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Specific website not loading on any browser on Macbook Air OSX Mavericks

I've had this problem before and also found a solution for it, but now the problem is recurring and I can't find the information I had used to solve it the first time.

The website 9gag.com won't load on any browser on my macbook air. This problem had been solved by changing something using Terminal, but I don't remember what. I'd be really grateful if somebody could tell me the terminal commands I need to use to fix this problem.

I'm using OSx 10.9.5 and Chrome Version 43.0.2357.130 (64-bit). I've tried opening it on Safari and Firefox as well but nothing works.User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 12:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 8:54 AM

It loads for me.

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Reset Safari. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2015 8:54 AM in response to nian.cat97

It loads for me.

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Reset Safari. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

Specific website not loading on any browser on Macbook Air OSX Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.