Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No longer able to search music by keyword? (itunes 12.2)

I just upgraded to itunes 12.2, the latest version. I'm trying to search for a song in my library and it is not working. Do I have to type the specific song name or artist? This is horrible, because in the old version I could type in the genre, and the title, and find my song. Now, it says no matches in library, when I know it's there. What is going on? Is it because now there's an option to search the store in the search field too?

Windows 8

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 1:05 AM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2015 1:24 AM in response to Username9000

I'm having the exact same problem now too. If I search for an artist name only it works but if I search for an artist and song name together it gives no results. Hope someone can find a solution for this as it's quite painful.

Update: I just managed to fix mine by clicking on search and unticking the option to search entire library. Now it will return results for me 🙂

No longer able to search music by keyword? (itunes 12.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.