Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

applescript itunes status bar

Hi Guys

I'm new to applescript so I apologise if my question has been asked before...I've search both here and on the web in general but I can't find anything like it.

I'm trying to write an applescript that will display the bit rate and sample rate of the current song in the iTunes status bar. I can get hold of the bit rate and sample rate albeit one at a time and I can get it to return the value in the applescript editor but I can't either display the value(s) in a pop up window....this will only work with strings and I can't (or it won't allow me...) to convert the integer value to a string for some reason, or have it display in the status bar...I can't see how to do this and there are no sample code snippets at all for this.

What I want to do for the current song is to show something like...

User uploaded file

where the status bar is showing the number of albums, length of time in days and the size in GB is to show what is in red in the place of that status text..

Any help that you could give me would be gratefully received.

Thanks and best regards

HarryM

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 3:02 AM

2 replies

applescript itunes status bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.