Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Update 8.4 stuck at update requested - iPad Mini 2

Since last 2 days, the software update to iOS 8.4 has been stuck on "Update Requested". Due to this, no other application installation is happening. Every s/w installation keeps saying waiting. How can I cancel the Software Update request? Or when can I expect the update to complete?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3, Software Update

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 4:11 AM

5 replies

Jul 6, 2015 4:33 PM in response to Ralph9430

I've read a lot of people advice us on doing a reset but I've done that twice already the past few days and it still doesn't work.

My iPad Mini Retina on Wifi and Cellular on iOS 8.3 has been stuck in "Update Requested" status for days already and because of that, I can't download or update my apps.

I hope they find the solution for this ASAP.

Jul 8, 2015 3:40 AM in response to Primo P

Update: I was able to resolve this by using iTunes on a Windows PC to download the software. My iPad's cable wasn't working with my Mac but when I plugged it into my Windows PC, it worked and was able to update. The cable I used is the original that came with the box, so I'm surprised it's not working with a Mac.

Software Update 8.4 stuck at update requested - iPad Mini 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.