Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

streaming iTunes movies from wireless media storage device

Hi, I've just bought a Seagate Wireless plus storage device so that I can store movies on there for the kids when we go on holiday and stream to their iPads. Unfortunately when I try and stream the m4v iTunes movies they won't stream. `it looks like files need to be MP4, the device does suggest other players e.g. Infuse 3, VLC but can't get these to work either. Any suggestions would be welcome. Many thanks, Paul

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 3:19 AM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2015 6:04 AM in response to PandC 14

How are actually trying to accomplish all this? What are the stages of the flow? Files on Seagate drive --> ? --> ? --? Some sort of sharing service --> ?

What do you mean by not stream? They appear on the iPads but won't play? Since we don't know the process and don't know where it is breaking down it is hard to trouble-shoot.

If this is Seagate software offering up this service you have to contact Seagate about this. There's been a couple of posts recently about Seagate server software no longer working with newer Apple software such as iTunes.

If you are using iTunes the normal file format is .m4v format which is why when you say the files need to be mp4 (m4v is identical to mp4 except for the difference in file extension) I am wondering if this is in any way an iTunes question because it wouldn't be iTunes saying that it needed .mp4.

streaming iTunes movies from wireless media storage device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.