Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I not access icloud using Chrome or Firefox?, Why can I not access icloud using Chrome or Firefox?, Why can I not access icloud using Chrome or Firefox?

Every time I try to log in to icloud on the web, I get an "icloud encountered an error..." message. This is true using Firefox and Chrome, and the problem is experienced on computers using Windows Vista and Windows XP.

Windows Vista

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 6:26 AM

2 replies

Jul 8, 2015 6:44 AM in response to prchrdave

Hi, prchrdave.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are unable to login to iCloud via a web browser. Have you made sure that the web browsers you are using have been updated so they meet the system requirements?

Internet Explorer 10 or later, Firefox 22 or later, or Google Chrome 28 or later (desktop mode only)

System requirements for iCloud

If they are updated and the issue persists, disable any security software or firewall. Once this is done, test the results. The article below is labeled for iTunes, but the steps still apply to this scenario.

Resolve issues between iTunes and third-party security software

If none of this helps resolve this issue, please let me know and we will pursue other options.

-Jason H.

Jul 8, 2015 8:08 AM in response to jason269

Apparently Windows Vista will not use anything more recent that I.E. 9. The other browsers that I have are Chrome version 43 and Firefox version 39. iCloud on Firefox began working again yesterday (7/5/15), but it still is not working with Chrome. I am just trying to get as much use as possible from my existing computers. The longer I can get iCloud to work with browsers for Windows Vista, the better. Thanks for your help.

Why can I not access icloud using Chrome or Firefox?, Why can I not access icloud using Chrome or Firefox?, Why can I not access icloud using Chrome or Firefox?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.