Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cooler for macbook pro 15-inch retina

Would good portable cooler reduce heat and sound of very loud fans on Macbook pro 15-inch retina ? thank you !

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 5:45 AM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2015 6:00 AM in response to Magnatar

Possibly but it would be to your advantage to determine what is causing the fan speed increase. If the results are expected (normal) and the temperatures are within normal operating ranges, then external cooling may be desirable but not essential.

I suggest installing a temperature monitoring application and when the MBP gets hot, open Activity Monitor . Activity Monitor should be set to ALL PROCESSES and CPU to display values from high to low.

If you wish, you may post images of both for an evaluation.

Ciao.

Jul 6, 2015 6:32 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

It gets really loud and hot when I play game. It works completely normal when I am not playing games. I don't know if that is normal, but I asked in apple store and they told me that that is normal. So I would like to find the solution to that. The keyboard and body of a macbook is really hot during playing and fans hit really laud as I begin to play. The guy in the store told me that Mac processors are not designed for games and that is why is this happening. I will try your suggestion and check that. Thank you

Cooler for macbook pro 15-inch retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.