Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12.2 almost completely useless?

Soooooo after automatically getting updated to iTunes to 12.2 (although it would have literally been the last thing in the world I would have done) I now get almost non stop beach balls, and when I double click on a track it will play the first few seconds then stop then repeat then stop....I am literally terrified now wham I see there's an iTunes update as they are almost without a doubt bug ridden and never ever ever better than the version they replace. I don't suppose there's a way back to an earlier version now either....sigh

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 6:35 AM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2015 6:54 AM in response to Lockjaw43

You need to learn more about your computer. I use an older system version but I bet yours still has a preference setting somewhat to tells it not to update automatically (check Software Update).

Yes, you can revert, if you want to spend the time and were careful to maintain regular backups of your computer. The fastest is to restore everything back to the time of the last backup. Alternatively do a web search of the lengthy and detailed instructions on how to revert and hope you can also find a copy of the old installer application since Apple removes the links from its pages when a new version comes out.

You might also wait patiently. I believe the beachballs are because iTunes is busy reviewing your library with a mind to setting up an Apple Music account. I don't have iTunes 12.2 so I can't tell you how to disable that but I am sure a bit of exploring in menu items will rapidly uncover it.

Jul 14, 2015 4:58 PM in response to Limnos

No sir- I don't think you understood my issue. I am perfectly well conversed in how my Mac works- I've owned one since 1987. My problem is that EVERY SINGLE ACT I PERFORM in iTunes 12.2 elicits a beach ball- EVERY SINGLE MOVE. If I want to drag song into a playlist- 15 second beach ball...if I want to create a new playlist - 30 second beach ball...switching from Playlist to IPhone- 20 second beach ball etc etc etc...and this has only gotten worse and worse as each successive iTunes 'upgrade' comes out. I would happily go back to iTunes 8 or 9 if I could- it seems like once iTunes went to 10 it got slower and slower and more and more issues like this one. And admittedly I have a huge library but this wasn't quite the pain in the *** that it has become lately until this utterly unwanted by me 'upgrade' happened.

12.2 almost completely useless?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.