Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting a macbook pro to canon printer?

I am trying to connect my macbook pro to a Canon MX922 printer wirelessly. I have gone through all the troubleshooting and I do have both the computer and the printer connected to my router, but my computer will not recognize my printer? I have been able to connect it through a USB and it works fine, but there should be a way to connect them wirelessly, any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Sadee

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 8:19 AM

Did you install the Cannon drivers and set it up as specified by Cannon?

For drivers

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/office_al l_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mx922?sel…

Also see:

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

3 replies

Oct 21, 2016 11:53 PM in response to sadee.skelton

Before Connecting your printer first ensure that your printer driver is updated.

If not updated-> Then Update printer driver from canon printer official site.

If yes, then do the the following steps

1. Ensure that Your system is connected with Wireless network.

2. Turn On your printer.

3. Press WI-FI button printer

3. make sure that WI-FI button flashing blue. and then press WPS button withing 2 minutes.

If you still facing the same problem and your are not able to connect the printer then instantly call to Canon Printer Tech Support Team.

Connecting a macbook pro to canon printer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.