Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music is not syncing playlists between my devices

Hi!

I just recently updated my Macbook Pro to 10.10.4, and got iTunes 12.2. I opened a subscription to Apple Music, and it seemed to work flawlessly. I made a couple of Playlists, which I was going to listen to on my iPhone. But none of the playlists from my Macbook showed up on my iPhone 5S. And then I tried it the other way around; making a playlist on my iPhone, and it didnt show up on my Macbook. Both devices are connected to the same Apple-ID, both are recently update(iOS 8.4 & OS X 10.10.4), and both are connected to the same WiFi-network.

Am I missing something obvious, or isn't the syncing a feature in Apple Music?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 7:13 AM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 4:16 AM in response to Anduzz

I Found a solution that works for me on the phone. My playlist created on iPad was not updating on my iPhone.

1. On your phone, in Music, go to My Music, make sure you are in Library (at the top).
  2. Below, you'll see a tab that says Artists, with a little down triangle next to it. Select the triangle.
  3. In the menu that shows up, there is a switch for Show Music Available Offline - Unselect this.

After doing this, my playlist showed all the new songs I selected from Apple Music.

The setting must be set to exclude music not on the device by default.

Apple Music is not syncing playlists between my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.