Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't my family share my matched/ripped tracks?

So I don't think Apple knows exactly what/how their audience wants to use Apple Music for - not the folks who've been with iTunes since the beginning, anyway.

I *thought* that by setting up Family Sharing for me, my wife and daughter, we'd be able to all partake in the music library I've worked so hard to maintain these many years. The way I had it set up *before* Family Sharing was that I used one account (my own) to sign in to the store on ALL devices, and everyone had access to our entire library.

Now that I've signed up everyone in the house for Family Sharing and Apple Music, we lost that ability.

I can get all the tracks we've ever purchased onto my wife's phone and daughter's iPod by going a bit of a long way through the iTunes store > Purchased tracks route, but all the tracks I ripped from CD (and matched with iTunes match) are nowhere to be found on their devices.

It's like they forfeited the rights to anything that wasn't already on their devices as soon as they signed in with their own iCloud accounts.

What we really need, Apple, is something like Home Sharing but in the cloud. iCloud music should work exactly this way, in fact. If I turn on iCloud music in iTunes on my home computer, I should be able to add users/accounts and then they should be able to pull down anything I'm keeping in my home library from the cloud and onto their devices. Or stream it if it already lives in the store.

- end rant

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 7:21 AM

There are no replies.

Why can't my family share my matched/ripped tracks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.