Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook white screen of death

Tried to block an ad on my Facebook page; instead I've blocked normal access to Facebook itself. If I click on Facebook from the Google search bar I get a blank white screen, no error message, no way to select anything.

I've found a workaround - https://beta.facebook.com/login.php?login_attempt=1 - to get my news stream (with the normal looking screen), and another which allows me to access most of my own account page - m.facebook.com - but the screen is stretched sideways (I guess this is a mobile access address) and I can't get to everything on my account page. Can't figure out how to change my background photo, for instance. Is there a way to get back to where I was before this happened yesterday? I'm running Mac OSX 10.9.5, Safari Version 7.1.7 (9537.85.16.12).

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Safari Version 7.1.7 (9537.85.16.12

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 8:16 AM

3 replies

Jan 5, 2017 5:25 AM in response to whitcombs2do

For me this issue was caused by a third party extension namely OneNote Clipper® which after deleting resolve the problem.

Use the shortcut (command , ) or Safari > Preferences> Extension Tabs to reach the Safari extensions and remove third party extensions one at a time until the issue is resolved.

User uploaded file

You can add back in the must have extensions you need as desired 🙂

Worked for me fist time.

Jul 6, 2015 5:22 PM in response to whitcombs2do

Instead of accessing Facebook from a google search, click here > https://www.facebook.com

If the Facebook window opens, login.

Make sure to add that page as a bookmark for easy access in the future.

From your Safari menu bar click Bookmarks > Add Bookmark

For assistance with photos, click here > Facebook Help Center

If you still have problems accessing Facebook, from your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Quit then relaunch Safari then try Facebook.

Jul 7, 2015 7:39 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Well, I had noticed in one of the many comments I read on this problem that one fellow said it was as if "Facebook itself was one big ad." So I finally went back and disabled Ad Block. That worked, so I uninstalled it. Access no problem. Apparently I identified Facebook itself as an ad I wanted to block? I may try reinstalling Ad Block after awhile ........

Thanks for your response!

Facebook white screen of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.