Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Server back to OS X Client

I've been using the Server app 4.1.3 and OS X 10.10.4 on my MacBook Pro to administer a remote server.

A long story, but I created a new account on this Mac and launched Server. I wasn't paying attention and it went ahead and did the initial setup ON MY MACBOOK PRO (I wanted to connect to the server on my LAN). That's all that's occurred. I haven't done anything else. Now I want to undo it.

Okay, so I'll never do THAT again. But now, WITHOUT RESTORING FROM TIME MACHINE, how can I restore my MacBook Pro to its previous non-server state. What files do I need to remove, what terminal commands do I need to execute.

This question is for those that have done this successfully. I'm looking for practical experience. I can provide my own theoretical solutions.

Thank you.

OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 6:44 AM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2015 7:12 AM in response to ndipierro

Move the Server application to the Trash. Delete the following items (some may not exist), reboot, then put back Server:

/.ServerBackups
/var/db/.ServerSetupDone
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.serverd.plist
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.servermgr_accounts.plist
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.servermgr_certs.plist
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.servermgr_info.plist
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.servermgrd.plist
/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.apple.serverd
/Library/Server

OS X Server back to OS X Client

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.