Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How i can restore tone after change my device

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 6:32 AM

17 replies

Jan 8, 2017 12:42 AM in response to Luciano Depadua

What is 'no help' ? Tones are a one-time only download, if you want them on a different device or back on a device sync them from your computer's iTunes library to the device - if you don't have them in your computer's iTunes library copy them back from a device that they are on, or back from your backup of your iTunes library/computer

Apr 16, 2017 8:57 AM in response to Neal5150

If you have them in the Tones section of your computer's iTunes library you can sync them to it. If you don't, and if you don't have them on your back of your computer, do you still have the device that you bought them on (with them still on it) so that you can copy them over to your computer's iTunes library via File > Devices > Transfer Purchases ? If you do you can then sync them

Jul 6, 2015 1:29 PM in response to Oz_za

Tones (and audiobooks) are a one-time only download from the store, had you copied it over to the Tones part of your computer's iTunes library so that you can sync it to your new device ? If not (and if it's still in your country's store and you haven't moved countries since buying it) then try contacting iTunes Support and see if they will grant you a redownload

Jul 20, 2016 9:51 AM in response to Adrian.suniga

Not sure what you mean 'opened my file and four folders came up'.

If the tones are still on your old phone, and if they were purchased from iTunes, then connecting that phone to your computer's iTunes and doing File > Devices > Transfer Purchases in iTunes should copy them over to the Tones section of that iTunes library e.g.

User uploaded file

Is that what you've done ? If you have do the tones not show in the Tones section of your library ?

Jul 20, 2016 10:59 AM in response to King_Penguin

My menu is the one that drops down but none of what you said is there. I already shut off my laptop.

Also, I think I have windows. I'm on a Toshiba laptop.

But like I said, I used an old computer for my iPhone 4 set up and usage 4-5 years ago so I was thinking I couldn't transfer the tones. And yes, they were purchased tones from iTunes.

So I wanna know, can I even get the tones from my iPhone 4 and move them to my iPhone 6 Plus?

Jul 20, 2016 11:16 AM in response to Adrian.suniga

If it's a toshiba then it will be windows. When you connect your old phone to that computer's iTunes does it recognise it ? Do you have the File menu option, and if so what options do you see on it ?

If you have an iPhone 6 Plus then I assume that you have an up-to-date version of iTunes installed on the computer, especially if the phone's iOS version is up-to-date - otherwise iTunes wouldn't recognise that phone. If that is the case then you should have similar menu options as in the screenshot in my last reply, though it's the File menu that's of interest.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.