Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting the itunes music library

Unfortunately my first experiences with the icloud music library were rather disappointing. iTunes messed up my whole library by moving albums into subfolders of other albums, randomly renaming songs to something else, etc.

Is it possible to reset the icould music library? I could restore my original library from a backup but the icloud library is still broken.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2015 6:00 AM

This seems to be a soft reset in my opinion:

Apple has just added this support article which explains how to do a ‘real’ reset:

If your music library shows incorrect details with iTunes Match or Apple Music, and you previously cancelled an iTunes M…

However, I don’t see the option mentioned in 3.3: "At the bottom of the page, click Reset for the option to Reset iCloud Music Library.” iCML is still active on my iPad, maybe that’s the reason.

<Link Edited by Host>

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2015 6:00 AM in response to apunkt

This seems to be a soft reset in my opinion:

Apple has just added this support article which explains how to do a ‘real’ reset:

If your music library shows incorrect details with iTunes Match or Apple Music, and you previously cancelled an iTunes M…

However, I don’t see the option mentioned in 3.3: "At the bottom of the page, click Reset for the option to Reset iCloud Music Library.” iCML is still active on my iPad, maybe that’s the reason.

<Link Edited by Host>

Jul 17, 2015 7:52 AM in response to jefvdv

I followed the instructions from Apple and apparently my iCloud Music Library has been reset.

However it seems as if Apple hasn't solved the mismatching of songs entirely. I have the impression that it is actually a bug caused by iTunes managing my music folders automatically. Luckily I can disable this feature.

Resetting the itunes music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.