Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LAN_SpeedTest

Anyone having trouble erasing "LAN_SpeedTest"? My iMac says it can not be deleted.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 9:30 AM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2015 10:15 AM in response to rkaufmann87

I am running 10. 10. 4 on a late 2013 27 inch iMac. I downloaded an application called Lan_SpeedTest from Totusoft solutions. I can not find it in the application folder or the download folder. However spotlight search will find it in an unnamed folder that I can not move to the trash. Message states file can not be erased. I used "CleanMyMac" to try to uninstall it... no joy. then I tried to use shredder, got a message that shredder failed for unknown reason. Finder now shows a remote disc that can not be ejected. I have run "MacScan" with no virus detected. This is a first for me. Never had a application file that can't be deleted before this.

Jul 6, 2015 10:20 AM in response to Lstartran

Before you do ANYTHING uninstall CleanMyMac, this is considered malware by many experienced users.

OS X does not require any third party cleaning, antivirus, or other "performance enhancing" utilities to run well. If left alone OS X will run well for years in most circumstances. There are no viruses for OS X, however there is a small amount of malware out there that can easily be avoided.

• Never use a torrent to download anything.
  • If you receive a pop-up, ad, e-mail or phone call advising your system has been compromised, this is a SCAM.
  • Keep OS X up-to-date.

After fully ridding your computer of CleanMyMac, the look in your download folder to the LanSpeedTest app and move it to the Trash.

LAN_SpeedTest

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.