Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add to my music from Apple Music

I have around 24,900 songs already using iTunes Match. Now in Apple Music, it will not let me add any songs or albums to my library. I hit the + button when on a song or album and it gives me the added to my music animation with a check mark, but then goes back to a + symbol. When I check my music library, it was never added. Anyway around this? Am I stuck until they increase the limit to 100,000 songs?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 7:58 AM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2015 2:42 PM in response to thegrj

I have the exact same issue. I don't understand why streaming content from Apple Music would count towards the 25k song limit. With Apple Match, music purchased on the Apple Store did not count. Why would music streamed from Apple count ? If this is the case (please Apple confirm), I'll have to go back to Spotify. What I was precisely hoping with Apple Music was to blend in one place my own music with my subscription library.

Jul 7, 2015 9:09 AM in response to Thieum01

Yes I will have to go back to spotify also. Too bad because I like Apple Music better, with this one exception. I have not gotten a clear answer from Apple or on any other forum either. Surely several others have more than 25,000 songs in their library. And the frustrating thing is I had to delete 10,000 songs to get down to 25,000 when Apple first debuted iTunes Match.

Can't add to my music from Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.