Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Music 4010 Error

I keep getting "Genius results can't be updated right now. An unknown error occurred (4010)". I do not have Genius enabled.

How do I get my local music into the iCloud so the other family memebers can access it? Which was the whole point of me joining Apple Music Family?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2017 12:52 AM

I tried everything!

I even deleted all music from my libraries (both local and iCloud), created new iTunes library, tried on a different Mac.

But then I opened my iTunes purchases > Music > and downloaded random album to my empty library. Tried to turn on iCloud Music Library again > no 4010 error.

Solved to me.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2017 12:52 AM in response to RWR3_TX

I tried everything!

I even deleted all music from my libraries (both local and iCloud), created new iTunes library, tried on a different Mac.

But then I opened my iTunes purchases > Music > and downloaded random album to my empty library. Tried to turn on iCloud Music Library again > no 4010 error.

Solved to me.

Jul 8, 2015 9:03 AM in response to RWR3_TX

Had the problem mit the iCloud Library and Error 4010 as well.

Here is what I did to solve the problem:

1. Quit iTunes
  2. Navigate to ~/Music
  3. Rename the itunes Music folder to something else
  4. Restart iTunes
  5. enable iCloud Library
  6. add the content of the former iTunes Music folder to iTunes. If you have selected the Copy-option in the preferences, iTunes will copy the contents in the new folder it has just created (beware of disk space you need for the duration of the copying)
  7. after copying has finished, remove the old iTunes folder

Caveats: takes time (less with SSDs), you'll potentially loose all your playlists you had so far

Nevertheless, solved the problem for me w/o the need for a new AppleID

Jul 10, 2015 4:37 PM in response to RWR3_TX

Was having the same issue. Endless cycle of seemingly updating Genius followed by Error 4010 message. I also found a solution from an old posting that worked for me. Getting rid of 'dead' files. I dis a sort by iCloud status scrolled down to the files that iCloud couldn't recognize deleted them, quit iTunes in order to update the Library, restarted and everything is fine. Here's the link: http://www.geek-speak.co.uk/2008/09/solving-itunes-genius-4010-error/

Jul 16, 2015 3:16 AM in response to oobeto

Hi

I have had this issue. The fix for me was to eliminate all tracks bought by my wife under family sharing. If you try and add those tracks from a backup they cause the matching process to hang with the "genius error 4010" error message... at least in my case.

I've been reloading my 24,000 tracks in batches from scratch on a new library. Each time the match failed it was because I hadn't noticed that a matched track originally bought under my wife's iTunes store id had slipped past me.

I now just sort the tracks by purchase date and any which have a purchased date but which aren't listed as purchased I delete.

Be warned if you do have the process stall you have to restart iTunes to allow the matching process with the offending tracks deleted to work

hope it helps

Michael

Jul 19, 2015 10:43 AM in response to Michael Ward5

Michael Ward5,

I can't say for sure if this was the solution to my issue but I came across your post the most recent time I was trying to enable iCloud Music Library, and did find and delete the few tracks in my library that came from my wife's iTunes purchases (though Family Sharing), and now things seem to be working again! I was even able to sign out and back in, and to re-download those tracks, and run an update of the library and things seem to continue to work.

It's also entirely possible it was just a coincidence, or that Apple did something behind the scenes to my account. I had also spent an hour or so on the phone with them yesterday trying to work through the problem, and at the end it was said that my case was being referred to the engineering department and that I would get a call back on Monday with what they found. So I half wonder if it was sent over there and some engineer saw something with my account and just fixed it. Either way I'm very happy that things are working again (I did strangely end up with a few hundred duplicate tracks, but was able to use the "View > Show Duplicates" feature to weed those out pretty quickly. Anyway just wanted to update!

iCloud Music 4010 Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.