Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my phone to ios 8.4 and it has been horrible. Phone keeps freezing and turns on and off by itself. I can't turn on wifi either.

I updated my phone and am having major issues ever since. The phone will turn on/off by itself, i see a blue screen and can't turn on my wi-fi. What is going on with this update?????

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 9:08 AM

6 replies

Jul 6, 2015 11:33 AM in response to easgarza

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the phone.

If the phone works as before the update, restore from the latest backup. If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

I updated my phone to ios 8.4 and it has been horrible. Phone keeps freezing and turns on and off by itself. I can't turn on wifi either.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.