Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

waiting for activation error Iphone 6 IOS 8.4

iPhone 6 plus, IOS 8.4

IMessage was operating perfectly on my iPhone 6 plus with iOS 8.3.

about 3 days ago i upgraded to 8.4 a noticed my iMessage has

refused to activate, have the error "Waiting for Activation".

I can only use my iCloud account mail address.

I have run a restore about 6 times since then, I have used

different methods of switching iMessage on and off, signing

out and in with iCloud account (using only wifi, doing a hard

reboot, using only mobile, etc).

I seem to have run out of options and ideas.

Anybody out there that knows how to FIX THIS PIECE JUNK !

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 9:56 AM

7 replies

Jul 8, 2015 7:36 AM in response to Parrethead

Hi Parrethead,

I know how frustrating it can be when services and devices refuse to play nice. Fortunately, we've an article that details a few additional steps to those you've already taken that can help get iMessage to work for you.

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201422

Regards,

Allen

Jul 10, 2015 1:00 PM in response to CarlAVII

TO Allen and the "Bloggin" Community:

iPhone 6 plus, IOS 8.4

IMessage was operating perfectly on my iPhone 6 plus with iOS 8.3. About a week ago I upgraded to 8.4 and noticed my iMessage had refused to activate, having the error "Waiting for Activation". As well as "Text message forwarding" Would not allow me to "third party" text!

I could only use my iCloud account mail address.

I ran restore about 6 times since then, Using different combinations and methods of switching iMessage on and off, signing out and in with iCloud account (using only wifi, doing a hard reboot, using only mobile, etc) I did this as well as a bunch of other suggestions I found on the web, Apple & support groups!

After all these "jumping through all the various hoops"

Leaving the iPhone 6 plus connected to WiFi & the Cell Carrier overnight, the iPhone activated itself! When I clicked "settings" it promptly flashed a window authorizing each of my other "Apple" devices to be able to answer, call & text anyone!

So I guess ... The Moral of the story is ... Don't be in a hurry and be patient with the IPhone, and sleep on it!

If you have all your ducks in a row, everything will be alright!

Thanks to all the help, Best regards, John

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

waiting for activation error Iphone 6 IOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.