Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does it show "error occurred downloading ios 8.4 in iphone 5" and in itune "check Updates" it says network error ?

why does it show "error occurred downloading ios 8.4" in iphone 5 and when plug-in to itune "check Updates" it says network error ?

Please Help solve this error as I worry about the unlocked iphone 5. My phone has about 12gb free which means it has loads of space but it just won't download. Help solve my worries asap.

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 9:24 AM

5 replies

Jul 6, 2015 10:15 AM in response to iospanda

Did you make sure that the security software on your computer does not block the contact to Apple servers?

Check your security software

Errors: 2, 4, 6, 9, 1611, 9006.

Sometimes security software can stop your device from communicating with either the Apple update server or with your device.

Check your security software and settings to make sure that they aren't blocking a connection to the Apple servers.

If you still see the error message, check for USB connection issues.

copied from: Resolve iOS update and restore errors

Jul 9, 2015 9:43 AM in response to Ingo2711

Hi am sure that my computer is not blocking the apple servers.

I've re-installed my itunes again, when I plugged in the Iphone 5 to the computer it says there is ios8.4 which I can download it but after waiting for sometimes it shows "An unknown error occurred (9006)". Even in my other iphone 4s when connected to pc it shows the same "error occurred" but when I tried using my Iphone 4s to download it works. But for my Iphone 5 direct download it reads "error occurred".

Jul 15, 2015 12:42 AM in response to iospanda

Alright after trying for so many times in my computer it finally works. I've got my iphone 5 upgraded to the latest iOS 8.4 so far. Well my suggestion to those of whose iOS 8.4 cannot be downloaded is wait for night time to download and install as the internet is faster at that hours *latest itunes version is needed* . Plus when you see "error occurred while downloading" not to worry, all you need to do is when u start downloading click on the download thing on ur itunes and see how much its running. This way you can get it downloaded very fast without any error.

why does it show "error occurred downloading ios 8.4 in iphone 5" and in itune "check Updates" it says network error ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.