Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I plug in iMac and push the start button it makes regular load then restart automatically three or four times on the row, then repeat it in a while. Help please

I have iMac 27, OS X Yosemite ver. 10.10.3. Probably I've got a virus and cannot get rid of it. When I plug in and push the start button it makes regular load then restart automatically two or three times on the row. After several restarting I can work for two minutes, then when I click on something it restarting again couple of times. After that I can work up to one hour then suddenly it restarting automatically again. Any help please?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Lion

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 8:31 AM

5 replies

Jul 6, 2015 9:28 AM in response to Anatoli Yusin

Anatoli,

I am not sure if you followed the steps for the resets in the link I provided. The reason I mention this is there are different processes for resetting these. Please follow the link I provided in my first post and follow the instructions there. After following the reset instructions there if the problem persists please post an EtreCheck report of your system and we can look for obvious issues. To get EtreCheck please click http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Jul 6, 2015 10:05 AM in response to Anatoli Yusin

These instructions must be carried out as an administrator. If you have only one user account, you are the administrator.

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

In the Console window, select

DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFORMATION System Diagnostic Reports

(not Diagnostic and Usage Messages) from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View Show Log List

from the menu bar.

There is a disclosure triangle to the left of the list item. If the triangle is pointing to the right, click it so that it points down. You'll see a list of reports. A panic report has a name that begins with "Kernel" and ends in ".panic". Select the most recent one. The contents of the report will appear on the right. Use copy and paste to post the entire contents—the text, not a screenshot.

If you don't see any reports listed, but you know there was a panic, you may have chosen Diagnostic and Usage Messages from the log list. Choose DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFORMATION instead.

In the interest of privacy, I suggest that, before posting, you edit out the “Anonymous UUID,” a long string of letters, numbers, and dashes in the header of the report, if it’s present (it may not be.)

Please don’t post other kinds of diagnostic report.

I know the report is long, maybe several hundred lines. Please post all of it anyway.

When you post the report, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "The message contains invalid characters." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the text on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

When I plug in iMac and push the start button it makes regular load then restart automatically three or four times on the row, then repeat it in a while. Help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.