Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where has the decrease/increase text indent feature gone? It was under Format -- text.

I have a MacBook Pro with a 2 GHz processor and 16 GB memory. I am running Yosemite 10.10.4. This morning I downloaded an Apple update and then discovered on opening Pages that some features appear to be missing. For example, in the Toolbar, under Format -- Text, I used to have the option of increasing or decreasing the amount of text indent on a paragraph. Now there is only the option to increase or decrease a list indent, which is not what I want to do. Furthermore, I can't specify and apply a new paragraph style. It's as though I have only one option, the default "Body," and I can't add the features I want, like indenting 0.25 in and the like. What can I do to fix this problem?

Many thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), all updates have been installed

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 8:31 AM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2015 11:21 AM in response to dmorr0706

The same indent/de-indent symbology remains in the alignment section of Pages v5.5.3 just as it has since Pages v5 was released in 2013. Select your paragraph, and click the right indent button. The paragraph moves to the right. If you want to simply indent the first line of the paragraph, or orchestrate hanging indents (e.g. lists), this is in the Format Text: Layout tab.

User uploaded file

where has the decrease/increase text indent feature gone? It was under Format -- text.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.