Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s iOS8.4 no service issues

I recently upgraded my iPhone 5s to OS8.4. The next day (yesterday) my phone was in and out of service between "No Service" and one bar. I can use the apps and send/receive texts when there is just the one bar, but I can't make/receive calls at any time (even when I do have a bar of service). Also, my battery power is fading really quickly. Like from 98% to 48% in 5 hours. I don't use anything excessive on my phone and keep the brightness low. I haven't changed any settings or anything like that so I know it's not me who is doing something wrong. I'm just wondering if there is a fix for this or if other people have been having similar issues. I'm not sure if it's due to the update or not. If I need to take it in to an Apple Store, I will - I just want to try everything in my power first.

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 10:45 AM

5 replies

Jul 6, 2015 11:28 AM in response to cmccord13

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and see if you can get a signal. If it still does not work, this could be a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Jul 9, 2015 12:37 PM in response to cmccord13

Hey cmccord13, from where did you buy your iPhone?

Was that North America?

I bought my phone from Singapore, and I suspect, this issue is because of that.

Everytime I am doing upgrade of ios on iPhone, I am facing some kind of issue, and as a result, my phone stops working.

Till now, I got my phone replaced twice from Apple Store, and again scheduled the appointment for tomorrow.

Restoring the phone as new iPhone is not at all helping.

iPhone 5s iOS8.4 no service issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.