Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s iOS8.4 No Service Issues

I recently upgraded my iPhone 5s to OS8.4. The next day (yesterday) my phone was in and out of service between "No Service" and one bar. I can use the apps and send/receive texts when there is just the one bar, but I can't make/receive calls at any time (even when I do have a bar of service). Also, my battery power is fading really quickly. Like from 98% to 48% in 5 hours. I don't use anything excessive on my phone and keep the brightness low. I haven't changed any settings or anything like that so I know it's not me who is doing something wrong. I'm just wondering if there is a fix for this or if other people have been having similar issues. I'm not sure if it's due to the update or not. If I need to take it in to an Apple Store, I will - I just want to try everything in my power first.I've tried to turn my phone off and on, turning my Wi-fi off and on, turning my cellular data off and on, holding down the power and home buttons until the apple screen shows up, resetting the network settings, calling AT&T to see if it's anything on their part, and nothing has worked so far.

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 10:51 AM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2015 7:55 AM in response to cmccord13

Hi cmccord13,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you are not able to make or receive calls on the iPhone. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

Check for a carrier settings update .

If your iPhone has a SIM card, remove the SIM card, then reinsert it.

If you still can't make or receive calls, restore your iPhone as new.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Mario

iPhone 5s iOS8.4 No Service Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.