Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add pages to a spreadsheet book using previous perameters

I am attempting to create a template for a work in progress situation whereby the template book would contain several different sheets using page format that have already been defined in existing spreadsheets.

I do not quite understand the "New" terminology of wording from previous AppleWorks and Excel wordings. What I am referring to here is after a spreadsheet is completely formatted, i.e. columns sized, rows sized, fonts selected, font size selected, formulas entered, etc. etc. etc., to what this is now called, or even if there is any such thing.

Basically, what I want to do is get the complete format of an existing document page and add that as a sheet into a book that will become a template of a book of sheets.

I have posted something similar to this over the years and have as yet to discover, to my satisfaction, what this is now called and if it is even possible to even program this capability into the new Pages.

Any Ideas?

Sparkgapper

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), DualBoot with Snow Leopard

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 8:35 AM

4 replies

Jul 6, 2015 4:00 PM in response to Sparkgapper

I have been here for a number of years and do not recall your question.

Spreadsheets are called Tables in Pages and are objects so can be copied and pasted wherever you want them.

You haven't said what version of Pages you are using and am unsure if you are actually on OSX 10.8.5.

In case you are using Pages '09 you can "Capture" the page/s you have set up and use them as templates within your document or save the document as a Template with the internal Captured pages available for reuse whenever you need them.

In Pages 5.x this is not possible, as with so many things, and you will need to copy and paste the Table from page to page.

Peter

Jul 6, 2015 5:22 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

According to About this Mac, it shows 10.8.5. According to Numbers About, it shows Numbers '09 version 2.0.5 (332).

It is highly probable that there was considerable wording differences in my previous posts because I was using phrasing/words from WAY BACK when I was working on AW on my Mac, I still have an ancient dome with OSX 8, and Excel on PC at work, though mu first introductions to Spreadsheets was even further back, before IBM even entered into the PC market, on an HP Mainframe with workstations.

Can you explain to me the step by step process of capturing an existing page and posting (PASTE?) it into a different book (use this by force of habit of over 10 years building Excel spreadsheets)? I am unable to find this in Help, probably because of proprietary Modern wordings.

Sparkgapper

Add pages to a spreadsheet book using previous perameters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.