Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages- how to orient a document table in landscape position

After creating a portrait table with five columns find out need more columns.

Can't find the option to turn it into landscape position.

Help:)

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:24 AM

Pages v5.5.3 will not apply rotate to a table object. With your table selected, select the Arrange tab and set wrap to none. Deselect the completed table.

Press the control-shift-command-4 key combination. A cross-hair appears on your screen. Click just outside of the upper left corner of your table, and drag around the table to select it. When you release the keys, the table is copied to your clipboard as an image. Now, press command-V to paste this image back into your document. Because it is an image, you can select it, and from the Arrange tab, you can rotate it.

I would be inclined to have a second blank pages document that I opened in landscape mode. Copy and paste the original table to this document so that you can easily work in landscape mode. You could follow the capture directions in paragraph two, and then paste/rotate the table image into your principal document.

Pages '09 v4.3 would allow you to directly rotate the table using the metric inspector.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2015 11:24 AM in response to kiweesoup

Pages v5.5.3 will not apply rotate to a table object. With your table selected, select the Arrange tab and set wrap to none. Deselect the completed table.

Press the control-shift-command-4 key combination. A cross-hair appears on your screen. Click just outside of the upper left corner of your table, and drag around the table to select it. When you release the keys, the table is copied to your clipboard as an image. Now, press command-V to paste this image back into your document. Because it is an image, you can select it, and from the Arrange tab, you can rotate it.

I would be inclined to have a second blank pages document that I opened in landscape mode. Copy and paste the original table to this document so that you can easily work in landscape mode. You could follow the capture directions in paragraph two, and then paste/rotate the table image into your principal document.

Pages '09 v4.3 would allow you to directly rotate the table using the metric inspector.

Pages- how to orient a document table in landscape position

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.