Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8.4 doesn't sync explicit songs

Hi all,

after upgrading to ios 8.4 on my iphone 6 and to iTunes 12.2 on my mac, I got several issues with library sync, but the most annoying is this funny Apple's censorship when songs marked as explicit does not sync, so I can legally purchase Radiohead's Creep but cannot transfer it to my iphone.

Is it a bug or some menu configuration can help?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:53 AM

You have checked your parental restrictions settings on the iPhone?

4 replies

Jul 6, 2015 12:26 PM in response to kirill204

To CHECK and/or SET your "Explicit Content" level allowed, Be sure to check in your cell phone under:

1) Settings

2) General

3) Restrictions (You may be required to enter a Passcode to access this setting, if you have previously set up a Passcode on your cell phone, i.e. a Passcode/Password or Thumbprint)

IF RESTRICTIONS ARE "ON" = then when you click "Restrictions" (enter your passcode), then it will show (at the top 'Disable Restrictions'), then it will show a list of the Restriction options.

• IF RESTRICTIONS ARE "OFF" = then when you click "Restrictions", it will show (at the top, "Enable Restrictions"), and

Each App will be listed on the Left hand side, and on the Right side of the screen it will show a Toggle On/Off Tab Switch. "ON" = Green/Lite; "OFF" = Grey/Not Lite.

3a) Under the list of Available Apps (Allow), there will be "Allowed Content"

3b) Under "Allowed Content", there will be "Music & Podcasts" to the left and then what level of content is currently being allowed will show on the right side. For Example:

• If Explicit Content is currently ALLOWED, you will see "Music & Poscasts..........Explicit"

• If Explicit Content is NOT currently Allowed, you will see "Music & Podcasts.......Clean"

3c) Click on "Music & Content", it will then show "Explicit" on the Left side of the screen and an On/Off tab switch on the Right side of the screen, be sure that the tab is toggled to ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT = Make sure the tab is toggled to GREEN. If the tab is NOT GREEN, then click the On/Off toggle tab.

• EXPLICIT CONTENT ALLOWED = Tab shows Green/On

• EXPLICIT CONTENT NOT ALLOWED = Tab shows Grey/Off

4) After setting the level of Explicit Content you want to allow, click the word 'Restrictions' next to the back arrow '<' at the Top Left to back out one level.

5) Then, to back put further, click the word 'Settings' at the Top Left.

6) Once you are back out to the main settings page, simply double click your 'home' button to get out of the 'Settings' mode.

7) Then swipe up on the Settings App sub-window to close your phone's 'Settings'

ios 8.4 doesn't sync explicit songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.