Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PC won't recognise my iPad, iPod, iphone

My PC has suddenly stopped recognising any of my Apple products - iPad Air 2, iPod touch 5 & iphone 6. So I can't back any of them up.

I've been through all the steps I've found on line to resolve this but nothing has worked.

PC is working fine in every other way.

I Can't find any online information about antivirus or security which might be a cause of this. I run Malwarebytes, Avast & superantispyware but no Norton, MacAfee, Kaspersky etc. Had the same antivirus programs as now on my last, now dead laptop with no problems.

Any ideas? Is there a viable solution to iTunes now? I'd be happier backed up to a Hard Drive - are there any on the market anyone can suggest (I'm in the UK) and is it easy because I'm a technology idiot but I was doing fine, until now.

Help!

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 10:00 AM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2015 10:08 AM in response to smlw27

This is the Apple support document for dealing with iTunes not recognizing the iOS devices. iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support Since I'm not sure what steps are included in all online, I've provided that.

iTunes installation provides the USB drivers necessary for the iOS devices in Windows. Do you have the latest version of iTunes installed. You can check this in iTunes by going to Help>Check for Updates. If not, the install the latest version. You may need to check to see about temporarily disabling your anti-virus, or find out how to allow iTunes to work with it. Many anti-virus programs allow for certain programs to be bypassed. Check your settings or the program's help file for that. Since you don't report what version of Windows you have, it is hard to make any other recommendations.

PC won't recognise my iPad, iPod, iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.