Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded to iTunes 12.2 on my windows 7 64 bit laptop. Almost all my music is now gone. but not all. help!

I upgraded to iTunes 12.2 on my windows 7 64 bit laptop. Almost all my music is now gone. but not all. help!

iTunes 12.2-OTHER, Windows 7, Windows 7.1 64bit

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 10:19 AM

4 replies

Jul 8, 2015 7:50 AM in response to PC2002

Howdy PC2002,

I understand after your iTunes 12.2 upgrade most of your music is not seen in iTunes. Is it listed but unplayable or not even listed?

I would start with this article, the overview at the top then the section "You're missing music or other media in iTunes" which has links to more specific things to try first.

iTunes: How to re-create your iTunes library and playlists - Apple Support

Regards,

Nubz

Jul 8, 2015 7:56 AM in response to PC2002

Before embarking on the procedure referenced by Nubz. N. (which builds a new library using your existing media), you should see if you can recover your existing library. Since iTunes 12.2 includes an update to its database structure this should be simple:

• exit iTunes
  • go to your iTunes library folder (default C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes)
  • move or rename the iTunes Library.itl file (the iTunes Library database)
  • go to the Previous iTunes Library folder (one level down)
  • find the most recent iTunes Library yyyy-mm-dd.itl file - the yyyy-mm-dd part of the filename is the date on which you updated to 12.2
  • copy this file to the iTunes folder (one level up) and rename to iTunes Library.itl
  • run iTunes - your library with all playlists, ratings, etc. should be restored.

See tt2's notes on Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash for more info.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.