Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tried to copy pictures album for Windows users for cd. Now it deleted my iphoto icon and can't open my photos.

Tried to create a folder for photo's to burn to cd. Put it onto desktop and all my photo's were transfered there I think. I deleted what I thought was the folders and somehow deleted my IPhoto icon. Now it won't let me create a new one on the task bar. Not in Finder as well. Help.. I have Leopard. do I need to reinstall it to get the app back?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 10:28 AM

10 replies

Jul 6, 2015 10:39 AM in response to Hygiene1980

Help.. I have Leopard.

Your profile signature says "Mac OS X (10.6.8)" - what is it? Leopard or Snow Leopard?

To get iPhoto back you do not need to install the system, but to find the installers for iPhoto. IT will will either be on the second System installer DVD with the bundled applications or you may have bought a separate iLife '09 or iLIfe '11 installer DVD. Use these to reinstall iPhoto, if it is no longer in the applications folder.

After reinstalling iPhoto you will need to update iPhoto to the latest version you used. WithMac OS X (10.6.8) you could update to iPhoto 9.2.3

Jul 6, 2015 1:22 PM in response to Hygiene1980

Said it needs IPhoto 9.0 to update. Guess that won't work with my old computer?

For iPhoto 9.0 you need an iLIfe '11 installer, not iLIfe '09. The version numbers are rather confusing.

In that case you will not have any luck with your iLife '09 installer or the Leopard disks, if they still have PowerPC code.

Do you have an iLife '11 installer somewhere?

If you cannot find the ilIfe '11 installer, the easiest approach would be to restore iPhoto from a backup. Do you keep a Time Machine backup? Then open your Applications folder, enter Time Machine, and go back in time until you are seeing iPhoto, elect it, and click "Restore".

If all fails, buy iLife '11 from Amazon.

Tried to copy pictures album for Windows users for cd. Now it deleted my iphoto icon and can't open my photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.