Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone, ipod both ring when call received

When I receive a cellular or Facetime call on my iPhone 5, the call also rings on my daughter's iPod and my son's iPhone 5C. The iPhone 5 was just upgraded to iOS 8.4 but the other devices are on 8.3. I have checked the Settings for Facetime on all devices and everybody is using different phone numbers/email addresses to receive FT calls. Also, I don't have my device set for call forwarding. However, both kids are too young for their own Apple ID so they are associated with mine. Not sure what to do.

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:18 AM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2015 8:17 AM in response to lylerd

Hi there lylerd,

From what I gather, phone calls to your iPhone 5 can be received on your daughter’s iPod touch and your son’s iPhone 5c, and all three of the devices are sharing the same Apple ID. Try disabling iPhone cellular calls as described in the Continuity article linked below.

Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

1. Turn off iPhone cellular calls
  2. To turn off iPhone cellular calls on your iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off iPhone Cellular Calls.
  3. On your Mac, open the FaceTime app and go to FaceTime > Preferences. Click Settings and deselect the iPhone Cellular Calls option.

Also, this article will walk you through the process of creating an Apple ID for your kids and it also provides a lot of great information about Family Sharing:

Family Sharing and Apple IDs for kids - Apple Support

With Family Sharing, you can create Apple IDs for children under 13. Apple IDs allow them to participate in Family Sharing and use other Apple services such as iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and Game Center.

Ciao,

-Jason

iphone, ipod both ring when call received

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.