Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Consistent OD replica corruption after 1 minute

I have two identical OD servers, a master and a replica, both running 10.9.5. About a week ago, authentication to the OD failed completely and slapd -Tt showed that the database was corrupted. I fixed the problem by executing:

db_recover -cv -h /var/db/openldap/openldap-data/

and

db_recover -cv -h /var/db/openldap/authdata/

Authentication to the master resumed, and everything is working. Except, that the corruption remained on the replica. I tried waiting for replication and even forcing replication, but that did not fix the problem. I eventually fixed the replica by using the same commands. However, the problem shows up, like clockwork, 1 minute after I repair. I can tell that the repair is working because I have a process on a another machine that queries both ODs on a schedule. I can see both queries being successful, and then 1 minute after the fix, the query to the replica begins to fail. Here is the error from slapd -Tt:

559abc16 bdb(dc=ohaephqxs001,dc=aepsc,dc=com): PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery

559abc16 bdb_db_open: database "dc=ohaephqxs001,dc=aepsc,dc=com" cannot be opened, err -30974. Restore from backup!

559abc16 backend_startup_one (type=bdb, suffix="dc=ohaephqxs001,dc=aepsc,dc=com"): bi_db_open failed! (-30974)

I've tried looking at opendirectoryd.log and setting od logging to debug, but I can't see anything in the mass of logs to indicate the problem. I have no idea why the corruption is happing so regularly. Replication doesn't happen that often does it? Any suggestions on where to look are appreciated.

Thanks.

Xserve, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 10:53 AM

There are no replies.

Consistent OD replica corruption after 1 minute

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.